How to Extend any Windows2008 Disk Partition

I had the need today to extend a Windows 2008 Server disk partition to add the rest of the unused hard drive space to the C: drive. A collegue of mine sent this to me but I though it would help to repost it.

These steps will extend a Windows 2008 disk partition.

First, go to the Windows disk management console and make sure that it sees the additional storage. If not, right-click on Disk Management and choose “rescan disks”

From command line:
diskpart
list volume
select volume # (volume# for the drive you want to change)
extend
The above command did not need a reboot and took affect immediately.

As usual this may not be the only way to solve the issue but "It Fixed It for Me"

For more of my "It Fixed it for me" articles please click here.


Labels: , , ,