It Fixed it for me - VMware MUI blank page

I can't take credit for creating this fix but I thought it may be helpful to get the info out there again.
I recently installed VMware Server 2.0.2 on a new Centos 5.4 Linux server (32bit but it may work on 64bit as well) the install appeared to go smoothly but when I tried to go to the MUI (management user interface) all I received was a blank page.

I found a post over at www.linuxquestions.org that seemed to remedy the issue.
What I had to do was from a command line on the Centos 5.4 Server run:
(Note the below script may wrap on the screen.)
mkdir /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libc.so.6
cd /tmp
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
wget http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.3/os/i386/CentOS/glibc-2.5-34.i386.rpm
rpm2cpio glibc-2.5-34.i386.rpm |cpio -ivd
mv lib/libc-2.5.so /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libc.so.6/libc.so.6
cd
rm -rf /tmp/tmp
service vmware restart
After I ran this mini script I then restared the VMware services and I was able to see the MUI web page again.

Apparently there is a problem with a particular library on Red Hat and CentOS systems.

As usual this may not be the only solution but "It Fixed It for me"

For more ItFixed It for Me articles please click here.


Labels: ,