It Fixed it for me - How to hide the mysql information_schema database.

This is a quick post on how to hide the information_schema database from standard users.
In teaching a web design class I set up a few test student accounts on my mysql Linux database server for the class to play with. However when they logged in to phpmyadmin they could see their own database as well as the "information_schema" database. For security I wanted to hide the information_schema database from the users while they "play"

The solution I found was to add the following code to your config.inc.php file

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['hide_db'] = 'information_schema';

After the above change the users could only see the database that they were allowed to see when logged into phpmyadmin.

Hope this helps someone.

As always this may mot be the only solution but "It Fixed it for me"

For more "It Fixed it for me" articles please click here

Labels: , ,