It Fixed it for me - Personal Aantivirus Removal

I cant take credit for creating this fix but I fugured I would post about it as this seems to be a new spam/spyware program.

I recently had a client come to me with an infection of a fake antivirus software. It would display a small pop up in the bottom right corner of the screen with alerts that the pc is infected with a number of trojans and other viruses.

The software apparently did not install in a way that would allow you to remove it from the control panel "Add/remove programs" applet and the un-install icon in the start menu would not work at all.

I came accross this method of uninstalling the software that appears to work.

                                              -Open My computer or windows explorer and , open the  C: drive; -Find the folder Program Files\Common Files\Uninstal\PAV\Uninstall.exe; -Run (double click) the file Uninstall.exe
A small popup should come up stating that the removal was successfull.

After running this I also ran a Spybot Search and Destroy scan and a Malwarebytes Antimalware scan to be sure that the infection was gone.

As usual this may not be the only way to remove the software but "It Fixed It for me"

For more ItFixed It for Me articles please click here.





Labels: , ,