I came accross a pc that had Spyware Doctor installed and needed to remove it manually as the uninstaller would not work.
In serching for the best way to do that I came across the following steps to manually remove Spyware Doctor from a pc.
- Ensure that you have fully exited the application. To fully exit from Spyware Doctor please right click on the Spyware Doctor icon in the notification area (next to the clock on the Windows taskbar) and select Shutdown from the menu that appears. Please also close any instances of Internet Explorer or other browsers.
- Perform an uninstall of Spyware Doctor from: Start > Programs > Spyware Doctor > Uninstall Spyware Doctor
- Make sure that the Spyware Doctor folder (which by default would be under 'C:\Program Files') no longer exists. If the 'Spyware Doctor' folder still exists, delete the folder.
- Select Start>Run then type regedit and click OK
- Delete the following keys
After the above procedure I could not longer find any trace of Spyware Doctor.
As usual this may not be the only way to remove the software but "It Fixed It for me"
Labels: Itfixed it for me, spam/spyware removal