Restore Dell Studio 1737 Laptop to Factory Settings

Well I had what is appearing to be a hardware driver problem get the best of me.
I have a Dell Studio 1737 laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition that generally is a great laptop, but I have been seeing some performance issues. For no apparent reason and at random intervals the cpu would go to 30-45% utilized and hover there even if the laptop was idle. I have attempted all of my usual tools to try to narrow it down to find what the issue is. ( turning of services, disable devices, update drivers, etc...) The odd thing is if I close the laptop screen and then re-open it after a minute or so the CPU would calm down for a while.

All seem to get me know where. I also used a program called Process Explorer (by Sysinternals) to try and track it down. Process explorer showed that the cpu was hung on Hardware interupts.
This is was lead me down the bad driver route. As I have wasted too much time on this I have decided to just reset the laptop to the factory condition and reinstall my apps.

I have listed the steps to recover the pc back to the factory state in case anyone else has this problem.


Hope this helps.

For more It Fixed it for Me articles please click here


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , , ,